Jim Goldstein of JMG Galleries is holding his Best Photos of the Year blog project for the seventh year in a row. This is the first time I have heard of this project and was excited to take part. Anyone can submit their own blog post, so if you have a blog and want to participate, follow the link above to submit your own.
When you shoot approximately once a week for a year (sometimes more!), you end up having a lot of photos sitting on your hard drive! And with so many photos that have yet to even be processed. I have been to so many different places in and around Detroit (both abandoned and non-abandoned) it can be difficult to pick what you think are your “best” images. I gave it a shot, and below are my top 10 (not in any particular order) of what I personally liked of my work in 2013. And, each of these images are for sale in my online store.
1. Graffiti with Reflection at the Packard Plant, Detroit, MI
2. Sunrise on Roof of Metropolitan Building, Detroit, MI
3. Red Chairs at Eastowne Theatre, Detroit MI
4. Michigan Train Station Lobby, Detroit MI
5. Detroit Graffiti and Pigeons in Flight
6. Sky on Fire, Detroit MI
7. St. Agnes Church with Pew, Detroit MI
8. Fisher Body Plant 21 Assembly Line, Detroit MI
9. St. Curvy, Detroit MI